10 places you should visit in Kenya 2023
Kenya is a beautiful country with a diverse range of attractions, from its national parks and wildlife reserves to its beaches, lakes, and cultural sites. Here are ten places that you may consider visiting in Kenya in 2023:
- Maasai Mara National Reserve: One of the most popular tourist destinations in Kenya, known for its annual wildebeest migration and its large populations of big game, including lions, elephants, zebras, and wildebeest.
- Amboseli National Park: Known for its large elephant herds and views of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
- Lake Nakuru National Park: Known for its large flocks of pink flamingos and other water birds, as well as its rhinoceros and lion populations.
- Tsavo West National Park: Known for its diverse landscapes, including savannah grasslands, forests, and volcanic hills.
- Lake Turkana: Known as the “Jade Sea” for its bright green color, it is the largest desert lake in the world, and home for variety of fish.
- Lamu Island: A UNESCO World Heritage site known for its historic stone town and beaches.
- Mount Kenya: the highest mountain in Kenya and the second-highest in Africa, it offers a range of hiking and climbing opportunities.
- Hell’s Gate National Park: Known for its geothermal activity, including geysers and hot springs, as well as its hiking and rock-climbing opportunities.
- Kakamega Forest: Known for its biodiversity, it is one of the last remaining rainforests in East Africa, home for unique species like the Blue monkey
- Nairobi: Kenya’s capital city, known for its museums, markets, and restaurants, as well as its national park, where you can see wildlife like giraffes and zebras roaming within the city.
It’s worth noting that the above list is not exhaustive, and Kenya has a lot more to offer, depending on your interests and the amount of time you have.